Sunday, July 17, 2011

Should I go out for basketball?

I played basketball in the 5th and 6th grade and quit the first practice of 7th grade. I have had numerous coaches, players, and fans ask me why I am not playing. I quit because number one: I didn't like the head coach for varsity, number two: my dad has always forced me into going in it and he would never compliment my playing, he would just criticize me, and number 3: I am so good when I am not playing in a real game, once I am in a real game, I forget my fundamentals and choke up. Now the head coach that I don't like is being replaced. I could easily make varsity due to the fact that only 13 girls went out last year, but there is a lot of upcoming freshmen and they are REALLY good. The pros I have found are: I am really good, I would make my dad/coaches/teammates happy, It would get me in shape, There is a new coach, I could make Varsity. The cons I have found are: I choke up in a game, I have no friends on the team, None of my friends like basketball, My dad would still only have negative comments, I haven't played basketball for a while, Majority of the team will hate me for bringing in competition, I really don't like running in practice lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment